Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More zoo pics

Well, you may be getting tired of zoo pictures, but what can I say?  It's a nice place to go!  :-)  

Last night, I was sure it was the big moment.  After tossing and turning for a few hours, painful contractions woke me up, so I came downstairs and had some water and waited for them to get more frequent.  An hour and a half later, they were dying down, so I went back to bed.  Anyway, this all resulted in about 3 good hours of sleep last night, so I knew I was just going to lay on the couch all day anyway (and not clean or do laundry), so instead of subjecting Paul to a day of videos, we spent the morning at the zoo!  We hit up all of our favorite spots...

First, we had to compare our hands to those of some little monkeys.
Saying Tchuss to the monkeys.  We had to wave and say tchuss whenever we moved on to new animals.
Paul wasn't sure whether to feed the goats or the dog.
I don't remember seeing these little monkeys before.  Paul thought they were pretty funny.
Checking in with some of his favorites.
"Hey!  Remember me?"
Had to see what the meercats were up to.  Not circle of life lesson today.
Feeding the fish.

After we got home and had lunch, we both took a nice, long nap!  Then, we played outside with his friends for a while.  I don't think I've told anyone - when he is outside, Paul will occasionally say "nein" to another kid.  He figured out that's how they say "no."  :-)  Today, some of the kids were playing tag, and Paul just didn't quite get it.  They'd keep catching him and would just stand there and hug him.  He thought it was pretty cool.  "They like me!  They really like me!"

Tomorrow, we go see Mommy's doctor, and if he doesn't tell me all these contractions are moving things along a bit, I'm going to be sad (to put it nicely).

2 comments:

  1. I love the zoo pictures! Maybe we can go with the new baby when Grammy comes to visit. That would be fun! Hang in there Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom swears the Frankfurt zoo brought me, so maybe the Heidelberg zoo will bring new baby. I hope so! Your big guy looks bigger than when I saw him last month - maybe getting ready for his new role??

    ReplyDelete