Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Daycare was a success!

No new pics today, but I have an update on Paul's daycare experience.  I took him for his first day at hourly care yesterday to give me a little break and let him socialize with someone other than Mommy.  He loved it!  When I dropped him, they were just starting to have rest time, so I was a bit concerned.  He doesn't like to sleep under the best of circumstances - at home and in his own bed.  We brought his Puppy and found a book for him to look at, and I told him I was leaving and would be back later.  He didn't bat an eye.  I was afraid maybe he didn't understand I was leaving and would freak out 5 minutes later.  When I came back with Mark to get him, I was greeted with an enthusiastic "HI!!"  

The teachers told me he did great and even slept for about 20 minutes.  The only little problem was he fell asleep late, and they had to wake him up for snack.  He was a little grumpy then and didn't want to eat.  He was probably a little confused while he was groggy and waking up.  Anyway, I was able to squeeze him in again today for two hours this afternoon so that Mark and I can go to Baby Massage class.  His next reservation is next Tuesday.

Tomorrow, the speech therapist comes to visit, and I'm thinking we'll take a trip to the zoo on Friday.  Still trying to stay busy.  :-)  Got to go now and mail Luke a package - he'll be happy that his computer came!

No comments:

Post a Comment