Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lunch Time

Our biggest adventure today was making lunch, sad to say.  It has been ugly, rainy, cold German weather the past few weeks, and I'm beyond wishing for spring and am just waiting as patiently as I can.  

I am just so lucky to have a little boy who makes me a nutritious lunch.  Here he is cooking the macaroni (after a heated discussion with me about why he couldn't put the cheese sauce mix in right now).
Now, around this point, he lost interest in the heating process and decided to prowl around the kitchen, so I went in the dining room to check my email.  I could hear him pulling out some bowls, which is fine.  I somehow missed the refrigerator door opening, but I did hear the distinct tap- tap- tapping on the edge of a plastic bowl.  I went to investigate and found this...
Yes, the (almost) 2-year-old cracks eggs quite adeptly - usually with no shell pieces dropped.  Apparently, he thought that would be just the perfect addition to our mac and cheese lunch.  At least he threw away the shell on his own.

Fast forward a bit, and he he is putting the finishing touches on lunch.
...and finally, enjoying the fruits of his labor!

After lunch today, we're going to the German grocery store to get schnitzel and spaetzle ingredients for dinner, but I don't know if I'm up to being the weirdo taking pictures of her kid in the grocery store.

Bonus pic:  Last night during dessert, Paul invented the New Spork.

2 comments:

  1. Imagine me being the trendsetter for a change! I love the pics - especially that last one. Paul looks like such a little boy already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both way overachievers!! I love the blog, Paul looks like quite the little man. I'm sorry to say at this point you will not be seeing blogs from the Brown contingency but I LOVE reading yours!

    ReplyDelete