Monday, March 22, 2010

Birthday Boy

I'm upset with myself for not posting more often lately, but here are some current pics from Paul's birthday party on Saturday.

Here, you can see a bit of his custom shark shirt.

Germans have birthday cakes quite similar to ours, but they don't decorate them. The "blauer kuchen" was a big hit with the kids. Some were a bit nervous at first (I think they thought it was flavored blueberry or something) but loved it in the end.

A shark cake for my shark-obsessed boy, complete with teeth and fish for the shark to eat.

A bunch of neighborhood kids sitting on my front step, eating leftover pizza and cake after the party, with my giant 3-year-old on the left. This photo makes me so happy. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! The picture of all the kids on the front step will be one you will look back on longingly as he gets bigger and bigger. I sure hope Grandad and I are at his 4th birthday party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course the Germans don't decorate their cakes - can you imagine trying to fit Alles Gute zum Geburtstag on a cake? Glad your big boy had a great day. I LOVE his shirt!

    ReplyDelete